Sand Lake is located in Lenawee County in the Irish Hills Area of southern Michigan. The lake is tucked between M-12 and M-50. Sand Lake is a 440 acre all sports lake.
The Sand Lake Property Owners Association is the governing board offering Lake Management and benefits to Sand Lake Property Owners Association members.
To conserve, maintain and preserve the natural resources in and around Sand Lake, including both the water in and the water level of the lake and the forest and plant growth on the shores and banks thereof; to promote the health safety and welfare of the families of the cottage owners and residents in and around Sand Lake both permanent and transient; and to do all things necessary and incident thereto for the protection of the property rights both real and personal of the aforesaid cottage owners and residents.
Annual Membership Drive
Membership letters have been distributed to the addresses on file. Please return these as quickly as possible. We need your updated contact information and email address to ensure that you receive important notices regarding what’s going on at Sand Lake!
Upcoming 2014 Events and Meetings – Save the date!
- !!IMPORTANT!! – Wed, AUG 27 @ 7PM at CAMBRIDGE TWSP HALL: The proposal to use the Highway 12/Rays site as a hazardous material storage and transfer facility was narrowly voted down by the Cambridge Township Planning Commission. Please note that they voted against approving the proposal presented – i.e. the requestor may modify the proposal in some way and request another hearing. The Sand Lake community had an excellent turnout, and clearly that is what turned the tide. Thank you for making sure you voice was heard. If the proposal resurfaces we will need your continued support.
- August 23, 2014 – SLPOA Board Meeting 10am @ Killarney Realty Office
- September 20, 2014 – 9:00 am Support the Irish Hills and head over to the 5k Run/Walk @ Hidden Lake Gardens. Click here for info: http://www.otih.org/RunForTheHills.pdf
- October 4, 2014 – SLPOA Lake Management Committee Meeting 10am @ Killarney Realty Office
- November 15, 2014 – SLPOA Board Meeting 10am @ Killarney Realty Office
A full list of summer event dates can be viewed under Benefits-Activities